Sunshades Eyewear Pty Limited ABN 70 102 239 430 (referred to as “Sunshades”, “we”, “our” and “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy and personal information. We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information to assist us in carrying on our business.
- the kind of information Sunshades may collect about you, how we collect it, and how we use it;
- how we may disclose that information;
- how you can access the information we hold about you;
- when we may use your information to contact you; and
- the protection of your personal information.
- Collection and use of personal information
When you use this website Sunshades will collect information that does personally identify you, which may include your full name and job title, company name and address, phone and fax numbers, your email address, your mobile number, your interest areas and preferences.
Sunshades collects personal information about you:
- because we need it to provide a product or service that you have requested, for example, if you have requested information from the Sunshades website, or purchased goods from Sunshades, or made a warranty claim in respect of any product;
- because you work for us, or apply to us for a job or work experience;
- because you are a supplier to us or we are a supplier to you; or
- because you are an agent or distributor of Sunshades.
2.2 Consent to collection and use of personal information
2.3 How we collect personal information
The main ways we collect personal information from you are:
- Access to website:
- Social networking:
If you interact with us via social networking services;
- Mailing lists:
If you subscribe to any of our mailing lists or use any of our online applications;
If you submit any employment application to us;
- Supply or services:
If you are a supplier or service provider to Sunshades or if Sunshades is a supplier or service provider to you, in connection with the supply of products and services, including any application for a credit account with Sunshades;
- Third parties:
2.4 Use of personal information
Sunshades may use your personal information:
- to promote and advertise our products and the brands we represent;
- to provide advice regarding our products and services to you (or arrange for others to do so at our request);
- to deliver our products and services to you;
- to consider feedback and complaints that you may make to us including dealing with refunds or warranty claims;
- to assess any application you make for credit terms;
- in the case of our suppliers or service providers or if Sunshades is a supplier or service provider to you, to manage the provision of products or services;
- to assist us, our service providers or suppliers to investigate or prevent any potential, suspected or actual breaches of law or fraudulent activities;
- to recruit our employees or engage contractors;
- for any other purpose disclosed to you at the time the relevant personal information is collected; and
- for purposes directly related to any of the above.
- Disclosure of personal information
3.1 Disclosure of personal information to third parties
Sunshades may disclose your personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
- marketing, advertising and promotions services providers and event organisers in connection with our marketing, advertising or events;
- to provide the service you wish to use (including to facilitate repairs or warranty claims) such as manufacturers, suppliers and couriers;
- provision of other administrative or operational services to Sunshades, such as market research companies, IT service providers, mailing houses and payment processors and collectors;
- credit reporting agencies or other credit providers, to assist in assessing any application for a credit account that you make;
- law enforcement or government agencies or other third parties, if permitted or required by law; and/or
- otherwise with your consent.
In many cases, Sunshades imposes contractual restrictions equivalent to those imposed on Sunshades under the Privacy Act in respect of collection and use of personal information by those third parties. In some cases, Sunshades’ ability to impose contractual restrictions is limited. In those circumstances, Sunshades will carefully consider the risks to the protection of personal information when entering into arrangements with third parties.
Under no circumstances will Sunshades sell or receive payment for licensing or disclosing your personal information.
In the event of a data breach likely to cause serious harm involving personal information of Australian users, we will notify you in accordance with our Notifiable Data Breaches scheme obligations under Part IIIC of the Privacy Act.
3.2 Cross-border disclosure of personal information (Australian Users)
Some of Sunshades’ third party contractors, suppliers and distributors may be located overseas or perform services overseas and as a result your personal information may be disclosed to a third party in a foreign country. We may also provide your personal information to related companies of Sunshades that are located overseas.
We may use a server hosted overseas to store data including your personal information. Under the Privacy Act, we must take reasonable steps, before personal information is disclosed to an overseas recipient, to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach Australian privacy laws in relation to that information (“the Obligation”).
The Obligation does not apply if you consent to disclosure of your personal information to an overseas recipient.
By supplying personal information to us you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to an overseas recipient and agree that the Obligation does not apply.
- Accessing your personal information
You have the right under applicable Australian or New Zealand privacy laws to request access to personal information that is held by Sunshades about you.
You also have the right to request the correction of any of your personal information that Sunshades holds. Sunshades will take reasonable steps to make appropriate corrections to personal information so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
To seek access to, or correction of, your personal information please contact Sunshades as follows:
PO Box 7217
ALEXANDRIA NSW 2015, Australia
Attention: Privacy Officer.
- Use of your personal information to contact you
We will never knowingly send you unsolicited commercial electronic messages. More information on the Spam Act 2003 is available from the regulator’s website: www.acma.gov.au/spam
We may use information that we know about your likes and interests to tell you about Sunshades products and services. We may know about your likes and interests because you have provided that information.
- Opting out
If you decide that you do not want to be contacted by Sunshades please contact the Privacy Officer (details at clause 4 above). You may also opt out of receiving communications by following the unsubscribe function on any Sunshades communications.
We will use reasonable endeavours to remove your name from the mailing lists within a reasonable period of receiving your request.
- Storage and protection of your personal information
Sunshades has implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial security procedures in order to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Sunshades regularly reviews security and encryption technologies and will strive to protect information to the fullest extent possible.
Due to the nature of the internet, Sunshades cannot give any warranties as to the security of any personal information transmitted by you to Sunshades over the internet, or that personal information will not be accessed by unauthorised persons.
We encourage you to be vigilant about the protection of your own personal information when using any digital services.
- Privacy and Change of Control
In the event Sunshades goes through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company, or selling a portion of its assets, users’ personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred.
- Linked Sites
- National Privacy Commissioner
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we handle your enquiry or complaint, you can contact the Office of the relevant Privacy Commissioner on:
Australia: Tel 1300 363 992 or email: email@example.com;
New Zealand: Tel 0800 803 909 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.